
Yesterday morning, after dropping Kaylee off at a fund raiser near Jordan Lake, I stopped at the trail head of the American Tobacco Trail in Wake County. I was ready for my 8 mile run. I run this trail by my house but I have never come down to the trail head. (about 15 miles south of our house). The Wake County portion of the trail heads north about 6.5 miles to the Chatham county line. The Chatham county portions runs north another 6 miles and joins the Durham County trail. I absolutely loved running this trail. It is very well maintained. Boardwalk bridges cross marshlands and creeks. The trail runs through a tunnel under highway 64. I can't wait until they complete construction and I can run all the way down from my house. I finished my 8 miles actually disappointed that I didn't have time to see more of the trail.
No comments:
Post a Comment